Theranostic hyperthermia treatment is delivered using the same nanoparticle tracers as Magnetic Particle Imaging. Magnetic Fluid Hyperthermia is performed by only heating tracers present in the field free region. This ensures treatment is localized to the specific region of interest, preventing off-target tissue damage. HYPER™ enables image-guided dose planning and treatment contouring with millimeter accuracy.
HYPER: In Vivo Localized Magnetic Theranostic Platform
- Adjunct to cancer therapies (radiation, chemo- and immunotherapies)
- Direct ablation or apoptosis induction
- Localized heat-sensitive gene activation
- RF-Sensitive nanoparticles, liposomes and carriers for payload delivery
- Tay et al. Magnetic Particle Imaging Guided Heating In Vivo using Gradient Fields for Arbitrary Localization of Magnetic Hyperthermia Therapy. ACS Nano. 2018;12(4): 3699-3713.
- Dhavalikar et al. Image-guided thermal therapy using magnetic particle imaging and magnetic fluid hyperthermia. Nanomaterials for Magnetic and Optical Hyperthermia Applications. 2019; 265-286.
- Hensley et al. Combining magnetic particle imaging and magnetic fluid hyperthermia in a theranostic platform. Physics in Medicine and Biology. 2016;62(9): 3483-350.