HYPER: In Vivo Localized Magnetic Theranostic Platform
HYPER is the first commercially available localized, image-guided magnetic fluid hyperthermia (MFH) system for small animals. Using magnetic gradients for localization like magnetic particle imaging (MPI), the HYPER technology produces localized heating of nanoparticles within a sensitive region known as the Field-Free Region (FFR).
The FFR can be adjusted in both size and position, which, in conjunction with RF amplitude adjustment, allows the user control of heating to millimeter-scales along with real-time fiber optic temperature monitoring. HYPER is a ground-breaking research tool for magnetic thermal ablation, drug release, and cell activation models.
HYPER is available as a stand-alone system that can be integrated with the MOMENTUMTM Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI) workflow or other tomographic imaging modalities such as optical, PET, MRI and X-ray/CT.
Seamless Integration and Controls for Localized Treatment Planning
Load Image with target of interest
Transfer subject into the HYPER system along with DICOM file to target desired therapeutic area.
Identify and target
Define localized regions to perform therapeutic hyperthermia and estimate temperature parameters.
Monitor and quantify
Monitor localized hyperthermia with temperature probes during the length of therapeutic course.
- Mouse transport bed with fiducials
- Biplanar optical cameras registration
- Simple co-registration to MPI MOMENTUM images
- Supports co-registration of imported DICOM formats of most imaging modalities.
- Real time fiber optic temperature sensors for monitoring (two channels)
- Software controls for pulsed treatment sequences
- Bore size: 4 cm (maximum diameter of animal and carriage)
- Available heating area: 4 x 4 x 10 cm
- Field gradient: Variable selection from 0.5 T/m to 2.0 T/m
- Radio Frequency: Field selection from 340 kHz to 20 mT continuous
- Weight: 400 kg (882 lbs)
- Width of 1.5 m (60 inches)
- Depth of 1.5 m (60 inches)
- Height of 2.0 m (79 inches)
- Simple 120V/ 230V single phase electrical power input
- Area to accommodate instrument footprint