We are a fast-growing bay-area startup looking for people who want to make a difference by changing how diseases are researched and diagnosed. Our core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging, is a new medical imaging technique that offers an ultra-sensitive way to see into the body with better contrast and quantitation. This will enable applications in early cancer detection, cell tracking from immune to stem cells targeting cancers, sites of inflammation or disease repair and dynamic vascular function.
Note to recruiters: Magnetic Insight does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies or search firms, and does not pay fees without a current contract on file.
VP of Finance
About you: You are a seasoned financial executive with strong business acumen, who thinks strategically, drive for results and build organizational capabilities in a manufacturing environment. You excel in the coordination of company financial planning, budget and cash management and in ensuring that company accounting procedures, transactions and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. You have track records of results in implementing systems policies and processes that enable the company growth with strong business controls.
You act as a trusted business partner with the executive leadership team, bankers, investors and board members. You are recognized for your ability to hire, develop and retain” A” players in the accounting and finance team.
- · Oversee general and cost accounting operations in a manufacturing environment and ensure that the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with GAAP, including review of monthly journal entries, accruals and account reconciliations.
- · Oversee all manufacturing cost accounting, including raw materials and WIP inventories.
- · Oversee banking operations, payroll, stock administration, tax reporting and insurance.
- · Lead Financial Planning & Analysis activities: 5-year strategic financial planning, annual budget setting, actual versus budget analysis and reporting, forecasts and outlook, scenario planning, financial reporting for board of directors.
- · Drive accountability, monitor performance, and develop financial improvement initiatives
- · Lead standardization of scalable best practices and application of internal controls across all Purchasing, Inventory and Manufacturing.
- · Own the General Ledger System (NetSuite), and maximize utilization.
- · Support the CEO in financing activities.
- · Develop, implement and ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- · Provide business support for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- · Manage Grant Accounting and Reporting, plus support Primary Investigator.
- · 10-15 years of financial leadership experience; biotechnology-type industry experience strongly preferred.
- · Manufacturing experience with detailed understanding of Inventory tracking.
- · Excellent written and interpersonal skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively with executive management, and other functions within the organization.
- · Strong team leadership, management, and organizational skills.
Attention to detail with ability to move easily between hands-on work and strategic thinking.
- · Ability to use critical thinking and strong business acumen to make sound business decisions.
- · Proven experience on building team and working in a collaborative manner.
BA, BS, or MS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience
CPA active license is a plus.
Director of Manufacturing
(Start Date January 2020)
Reports to senior management and oversees of all areas of the manufacturing department to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured on schedule to meet quality standards and cost objectives.
- · Individual Contributor Roles
- · Manufacturing line ownership, requiring a good understanding of what we are building and how to keep assemblers productive
- · Superuser for MFG ERP (netsuite)
- · Safety Officer
- · OSHA training program implementation
- · Hazmat program (MSDSs, postings, etc.)
- · Management Roles
- · Personnel management of a team that includes assemblers, purchasing, shipping/receiving, manufacturing engineering
- · Maintain a scheduling plan / slot plan
- · Manage purchasing / ensure good manufacturing resource planning
- · Maintain MFG floor process flow / organization
- · Implement a quality system with a manufacturing engineer
- · Manages the creation of a new, expanded manufacturing facility within our growing company.
- · Assists in the specification, selection and integration of new software-based manufacturing management programs.
- · Assists company officers in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- · Maintains a manufacturing plan that produces high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to company quality expectations.
- · Manages supply chain relationships with both domestic and offshore suppliers.
- · Coordinates production planning to support the requirements of the sales department.
- · Interfaces with engineering department to ensure flawless new product launches, that are on-time and on-budget.
- · Creates manufacturing policies and programs that guide the department in maintaining and improving the company’s profitability.
- · Specifies staffing requirements, working with the human resources department as appropriate.
- · Oversees, develops and evaluates staff performance. Takes corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- · Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity, reduce costs and scrap, while maintaining quality standards.
- · Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- · Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., installation of capital equipment, facility upgrades, etc.).
- · Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
· Performance management
· Project management and scheduling
· Communication proficiency
· Technical expertise, including use of computers and specialized manufacturing software
· Business acumen
· Problem solving and analysis
· Presentation skills
· Vendor negotiating skills, including interactions with foreign suppliers
· Use of management software, including ERP, PLM and MRP
· Compliance with safety and regulatory standards, such as Cal/OSHA, UL, FCC, CE, RoHS
This position may require some travel, not expected to exceed 25%. Some of the travel may be international.
Required Education and Experience
· BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline, or equivalent job experience.
· 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a related scientific product line.
· Prior experience in the creation of a manufacturing department from the ground up.
· Use of ERP, PLM, MRP and other computerized management and accounting systems.
Manufacturing Documentation Manager
Oversees all aspects of technical documentation, including drafting and proofing manuals, illustrations, schematics, and assembly documentation. Develops standard documentation methods and tools to efficiently produce high quality documents. Collaborates with manufacturing team to set and meet goals. Reports to the Director of Manufacturing.
· Develops standardized documentation methods
· Performs drafting tasks such as writing, proofing, formatting and maintaining varied kinds of documentation
· Creates use manuals for products and components
· Manages documentation regarding technical, resourcing and policy enforcement tasks
· Edits and proofs existing documents
· Creates and reviews diagrams, schematics, and illustrations
· Ensures that project and department milestones and goals are met
· Assigns resources as necessary
· Updates management on projects
· Coordinates with the manufacturing team on goals and projects
· Improves quality consistently through discussions with stakeholders
· Collaborates with quality and service engineers to address issues and continually improve user experience
Required Experience & Education
· Technical writing
· 2+ years in manufacturing or assembly experience
· Able to identify various electromechanical components, fasteners, machined parts, connectors, etc.
· Proficient in use of measuring tools, such as caliper, ruler, borescope, etc.
· Proficient in presentation software such as Power Point
· Minimum AA in a related field
Due to the volume of applicants, we will only contact applicants who follow the instructions below:
– Write a cover letter that tells us about you and elaborates on why you are a great fit for the position.
Describe your role in projects you’ve built or worked on relevant to the position. If the projects are public-facing, please provide links.
Address the position requirements above.
Share anything else that sets you apart from other applicants.
– Submit your cover letter and resume on Indeed
We will try our hardest to respond to well-qualified applicants within 4 days of receiving a complete application.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Submit your resume to: email@example.com