We are a fast growing bay-area startup looking for people who want to make a difference by changing how diseases are researched and diagnosed. Our core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging, is a new medical imaging technique that offers an ultra-sensitive way to see into the body with better contrast and quantitation. This will enable applications in early cancer detection, cell tracking from immune to stem cells targeting cancers, sites of inflammation or disease repair and dynamic vascular function.
Note to recruiters: Magnetic Insight does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies or search firms, and does not pay fees without a current contract on file.
See our active option positions below
The Product Manager for Magnetic Insight will define and oversee the product strategy for our medical devices and products, both domestically and globally. The ideal candidate must have a firm understanding of the competition and market dynamics in Life Sciences product marketing, along with exceptional critical thinking skills.
- Define product strategy and produce roadmaps for success
- Deliver Market Requirement Documents and Product Requirement Documents with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage adopters of the technology
- Act as a liaison between the commercial and engineering organizations
- Help define and guide the strategic marketing strategy
- Develop tactical marketing plans
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience as a Product Manager in the Life Sciences market
- Demonstrated success defining and launching new products in either the medical imaging or preclinical imaging space
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Chemistry or Biomedical Engineering
- Technical background, with experience in the Life Sciences. Understanding of Magnetic Particle Imaging is a plus.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration
- Excels at problem solving and logistics
- Achieves results under pressure
- Creative, able to think “out of the box”
Please submit both a résumé and a cover letter
(Start Date January 2020)
Reports to senior management and oversees of all areas of the manufacturing department to produce products and direct activities so that products are manufactured on schedule to meet quality standards and cost objectives.
- Individual Contributor Roles
- Manufacturing line ownership, requiring a good understanding of what we are building and how to keep assemblers productive
- Superuser for MFG ERP (netsuite)
- Safety Officer
- OSHA training program implementation
- Hazmat program (MSDSs, postings, etc.)
- Management Roles
- Personnel management of a team that includes assemblers, purchasing, shipping/receiving, manufacturing engineering
- Maintain a scheduling plan / slot plan
- Manage purchasing / ensure good manufacturing resource planning
- Maintain MFG floor process flow / organization
- Implement a quality system with a manufacturing engineer
- Manages the creation of a new, expanded manufacturing facility within our growing company.
- Assists in the specification, selection and integration of new software-based manufacturing management programs.
- Assists company officers in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Maintains a manufacturing plan that produces high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to company quality expectations.
- Manages supply chain relationships with both domestic and offshore suppliers.
- Coordinates production planning to support the requirements of the sales department.
- Interfaces with engineering department to ensure flawless new product launches, that are on-time and on-budget.
- Creates manufacturing policies and programs that guide the department in maintaining and improving the company’s profitability.
- Specifies staffing requirements, working with the human resources department as appropriate.
- Oversees, develops and evaluates staff performance. Takes corrective action as necessary in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity, reduce costs and scrap, while maintaining quality standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., installation of capital equipment, facility upgrades, etc.).
- Performs miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Performance management
- Project management and scheduling
- Communication proficiency
- Technical expertise, including use of computers and specialized manufacturing software
- Business acumen
- Problem solving and analysis
- Presentation skills
- Vendor negotiating skills, including interactions with foreign suppliers
- Use of management software, including ERP, PLM and MRP
- Compliance with safety and regulatory standards, such as Cal/OSHA, UL, FCC, CE, RoHS
This position may require some travel, not expected to exceed 25%. Some of the travel may be international.
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline, or equivalent job experience.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a related scientific product line.
- Prior experience in the creation of a manufacturing department from the ground up.
- Use of ERP, PLM, MRP and other computerized management and accounting systems.