We are a fast growing bay-area startup looking for people who want to make a difference by changing how diseases are researched and diagnosed. Our core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging, is a new medical imaging technique that offers an ultra-sensitive way to see into the body with better contrast and quantitation. This will enable applications in early cancer detection, cell tracking from immune to stem cells targeting cancers, sites of inflammation or disease repair and dynamic vascular function.
Note to recruiters: Magnetic Insight does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies or search firms, and does not pay fees without a current contract on file.
Magnetic Insight is a technical startup developing a new type of medical imaging device and seeking an electro-mechanical technician. If you would like to build big machines within a fast growing startup who cares deeply about our employees, talk to us! The job is a technician position for someone who is happy working with their hands and includes common manufacturing tasks, such as inventory, shipping, receiving, etc. The growth path is into manufacturing engineering, R&D, and potentially on-site installation and service with travel within the US and internationally.
The primary duties would be:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- Maintain computerized inventory
- Perform shipping & receiving operations
- Parts pickup and delivery
- Mechanical assembly experience (using hand tools, power tools & equipment)
- Electronics assembly experience (soldering, wiring, PCB rework, cable assembly)
- Computer skills (typing, Windows, data entry, Word, Excel)
- Able to comfortably lift and move 50 pounds
- Detail oriented
- Able to read wiring diagrams and other technical documents
- Good English skills
- Good eyesight (corrected OK) and physical dexterity (able to work in tight, awkward spaces)
- Good driving record
- System support and service (travel to customer sites in US and abroad)
- Improving the hardware design through design modifications (Manufacturing engineering)
- Writing assembly documentation
- CAD / schematic entry (SolidWorks and Altium)
- We’re a startup, so we’ve got lots of things to do!
- Great benefits package when you convert into a full-time employee: medical/vision/dental insurance for employee and dependents
- BART accessible
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Magnetic Insight, Inc.
Magnetic Insight is developing solutions in Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI), a ground-breaking technology that will overcome major deficiencies with current clinical and translational research imaging techniques. Magnetic Insight Inc. was founded by one of the leading research groups in the global field of Magnetic Particle Imaging from UC Berkeley.