We are a fast growing bay-area startup looking for people who want to make a difference by changing how diseases are researched and diagnosed. Our core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging, is a new medical imaging technique that offers an ultra-sensitive way to see into the body with better contrast and quantitation. This will enable applications in early cancer detection, cell tracking from immune to stem cells targeting cancers, sites of inflammation or disease repair and dynamic vascular function.
Note to recruiters: Magnetic Insight does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, recruitment agencies or search firms, and does not pay fees without a current contract on file.
Field Service Engineer, APAC Region
We are looking for a service engineer to join the tight-knit core team located in Alameda, CA, in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are seeking applicants that are either experienced in the field with a strong technical background or test/systems engineers that want to get customer facing experience. They will be responsible for remote and onsite service including maintenance and repair of imaging systems, installation, and customer support. This position will primarily service customers in Asia and Australia.
Above all, resourcefulness and tenacity are imperative for this position. The cutting-edge nature of this technology means that as more systems are deployed, new and exciting challenges arise for our FSEs to conquer. The FSE is responsible for finding optimal solutions to novel problems with sometimes limited resources by working with teams of dedicated hardware and software engineers.
This position reports to the Service and Support Manager.
- Strong organization, communication, and documentation skills,
- Ability to travel internationally up to 50% of the time,
- Traveling to customer sites for installation and repairs,
- Being first point of contact with a service issue,
- Support and train distributor service engineers,
- Maintaining relationships with customers after installation,
- Customer technical support, debugging, and training,
- Site preparation and scheduling for installation,
- Coordinating with software and hardware engineering teams to solve support issues,
- Must be fluent in Mandarin Chinese and English.
Ideal Skill Set:
- Experience in field service engineering, test engineering, and systems engineering preferred.
- 0-3 years’ experience with a Masters’ degree; 1-5 years’ experience with a Bachelors’ degree. Engineering degrees in Electrical, Mechanical, Bio, and Systems are preferred.
- Experience working with radiology imaging equipment (MRI, CT, PET, etc.) is highly desirable. Experience working with life science analytical instrumentation also preferred.
- Demonstrate problem solving and critical thinking skills to solve complex systems problem.
- Demonstrable mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with basic electrical diagnostic tools, e.g., multimeters, oscilloscopes.
- Familiarity with Python and basic software programming. Demonstrate interface with low level software tools to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Ability to work both independently and with a team.
Job Type: Full-time
About Magnetic Insight
We are a fast-growing, revenue-generating, medical imaging startup developing solutions in Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI), a ground-breaking technology that overcomes major deficiencies with current whole-body imaging techniques. MPI offers a way to see into the body with better contrast and sensitivity for applications such as following immune cells to cancers or sites of inflammation, brain imaging for stroke, and cancer detection and staging, without the risks associated with ionizing radiation techniques. In recent years, our product line has expanded to include integrated CT imagers and a localized hyperthermia platform.
Senior Field Application Scientist
About Magnetic Insight
Magnetic Insight is a fast-growing bay-area startup located in Alameda California looking for people who want to make a difference changing how diseases are diagnosed. The core technology, Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI), is a new molecular imaging technique that offers a way to see into the body with better contrast, sensitivity and without radiation. Our technology stands out and enables applications in brain imaging for stroke, cancer detection and staging, and following cells such as stem cells or immune cells to cancers or sites of inflammation. The team at Magnetic Insight is highly collaborative. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on creative solutions, be flexible, adaptive, and forward thinking, and truly believe that people do better together.
This candidate will work directly with the Executive Management team to initiate and develop business opportunities. They will identify new/novel applications using magnetic particle imaging (MPI) and support the pre-sales strategy. They will present in vivo MPI technology to customers and develop solutions specific to their research goals as well as work closely with existing clients to address any scientific questions.
- Develop scientific presentations of preclinical MPI imaging applications data in a presales environment with the ability to create effective presentations to research scientists to executive team members.
- Design a customer engagement strategy along with direct marketing support.
- Target key laboratories, opinion leaders, and personnel to help develop their research using magnetic particle imaging as the key resource.
- Mature accounts within the pipeline and develop strategies to reallocate funds for MPI.
- Organize and support distribution channels to develop markets and hit sales goals.
- Develop strategies to reallocate funds for MPI.
- Perform post-sales advanced training to clients specifically related to MPI and troubleshooting experimental design/imaging protocols.
- Closely work with the engineering and biology teams to coordinate customer demonstrations and data reports.
- Support the sales team in a co-selling environment and develop unique marketing material highlighting enabling experimental models.
- As the marketing lead and subject matter expert, define the strategic goals and direction for campaigns, digital content, webinars, and conferences.
- Manage and direct external resources to implement marketing deliverables.
- D. with pre-clinical imaging experience.
- MRI and nanoparticle experience preferred.
- Laboratory animal modeling experience along with cell culture and molecular biology.
- Academic background with ambitions to perform in a commercial environment.
- Strong presentation skills in English.
- Remote work experience preferred.
The Field Service Application Scientist must be local to one of our field sites for on-site training in the lab, listed here:
- Gainesville, Florida
- East Lansing, Michigan
- Duarte, Ca (near Los Angeles)
- London, Ontario
- Baltimore, Maryland
- SF Bay area, CA
Up to 50% travel expected.
Job Type: Full-time
Please indicate your interest in this position by submitting a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Qualified candidates will receive a response within five business days.